Fondazione Gianni Benzi Onlus, in collaboration with Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, organises the XVI Foresight Training Course “Repurposing to cover unmet needs: the current scenario in Europe and the proposed changes to the Pharmaceutical Legislation”. It will be focused on drug repurposing, an emerging and dynamic drug development strategy to make new therapies available to patients.
When and where?
18 December 2023 in Bari, Italy at Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro (Dipartimento di Farmacia – Scienze del Farmaco) and online.
What will the speakers discuss about?
The following keynote topics around repurposing will be addressed:
- Current and proposed regulatory provisions in Europe for Research & Development and marketing authorisation;
- Industry and academic approaches to repurposing;
- Commercial perspectives and strategies to repurposing drugs;
- The meaning of repurposing in the paediatric context;
- Need for specific formulations to comply with the patient needs;
- Tools supporting Research & Development of repurposed drugs, like in silico approaches and real world data;
- Possible impact of changes proposed to the pharmaceutical legislation under Articles 48 and 75 of the proposed Regulation.
How to participate?
Register here by 4th December.
The course is free of charge for students, researchers, representatives from patients’ associations and not for profit organisations.
A registration fee is foreseen for participants from companies and for-profit organisations only. 10% discount will be applied if you register by 19th November.
For any enquiry, please contact email@example.com