Based on the results of this year’s Téléthon fund-raising event, the French Muscular Dystrophy Association (AFM-Téléthon) will soon launch its annual Call for Proposals. The Scientific Call for Proposals 2022 is open to both French and foreign teams and aims to support research with a particular focus on therapeutic and technological projects applicable to several pathologies:
a. Fundamental research and physiopathology of diseases of the neuromuscular system
b. Development of innovative therapeutic approaches for rare genetic diseases
The selected projects will be subject to an agreement with AFM-Téléthon, and awards can take the following form:
- Trampoline grant: Intended to support young teams or investigators early in their professional career and/or early stage innovative and high risk projects. This grant is awarded for a maximum of 50,000 euros for one year.
- Research project for one year, renewable for a second year, and exceptionally for a third year.
- Post-doctoral fellowship for one year, renewable for a second year.
- PhD fellowship (open to students enrolled in a French university doctoral degree program) for a maximum of three years.
The online form to apply for the grants will be available in the AFM-Téléthon applicant portal as soon as the Call is open.
The planned timetable for the submission of new applications for Research Grants, Trampoline Grants and Postdoctoral Fellowships has been set as follows:
- Dissemination of the poster: here
- Expected date of Call opening: December 16th 2021.
- Deadline for submission of applications: January 18th 2022.
- Results: mid-July 2022.
More information here: http://www.afm-telethon.com/research/calls-for-proposals/current-calls-for-proposals.html