Similar to its upcoming Scientific Call for Proposals 2022, the French Muscular Dystrophy Association (AFM-Téléthon) will soon launch its a Medical Research Call for Proposals in Neuromuscular Disorders. Open to both French and foreign teams, the objective of the call is to support medical research projects whose aim is to improve the care and management of patients, the knowledge of neuromuscular disorders and their progression, as well as the quality of life of patients affected by neuromuscular disorders.
The research topics of interest are:
- Patients’ management/Paramedical care
- E-Health and Information Technologies
- Neonatal screening projects
- Assessment of new evaluation criteria
- Natural history of disease and/or epidemiological studies
The selected projects will be subject to an agreement with AFM-Téléthon, and awards can take the following form:
- Research project for one year, renewable for a second year, and exceptionally for a third year.
- Post-doctoral fellowship for one year, renewable for a second year.
- PhD fellowship (open to students enrolled in a French university doctoral degree program) for a maximum of three years.
The online form to apply for the grants will be available in the AFM-Téléthon applicant portal as soon as the Call is open.
The planned timetable for the submission of new applications for Research Grants and Postdoctoral Fellowships has been set as follows:
- Dissemination of the poster: here
- Expected date of Call opening: December 16th 2021.
- Deadline for submission of applications: January 18th 2022.
- Results: mid-July 2022.
More information here: http://www.afm-telethon.com/research/calls-for-proposals/current-calls-for-proposals.html