The third run of the MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) “Diagnosing Rare Diseases: from the Clinic to Research and back” co-developed by the European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases, ERN Ithaca, ERN Genturis and the French Foundation for Rare Diseases starts TODAY (April 18th)!
Registrations are free and open at this link.
We specifically encourage medical and biomedical science students to register and follow the MOOC.
The topics covered include:
- The diagnostic process and the types of genetic tests available for rare diseases
- The differences in rare genetic diseases patient pathways
- Technological advances for diagnostic research
- The role of collaborative studies and data sharing in rare diseases diagnosis
- The impact of having a diagnosis or lacking a diagnosis on patients’ lives
- The role and place of physiopathology approaches as well as social sciences research in the context of rare diseases diagnosis.
You can check the syllabus here.