The National Organization for Rare Diseases (NORD) is organising its annual NORD Summit 2021, one of the largest multi-stakeholder events in rare disease, bringing together rare disease community stakeholders, including rare disease experts and leaders from patient advocacy groups, government, industry, and academia to discuss the most current and critical topics related to rare diseases and orphan products.
The fully virtual summit will take place over two days from October 18th – 19th.
The summit agenda, which is still being finalised, features several plenary sessions as well as a choice of breakout sessions, on the following themes with both a U.S. as well as an international focus:
- Best Practices and Case Studies for Successful Partnerships
- Rare Diseases as a Public Health Challenge
- Impact of COVID-19 on Rare Disease Research, Clinical Trials and Drug Development
- Designing Trials for Inclusivity, Equity and Engagement
- Drug Pricing: State and Federal Perspectives
- FDA Patient Engagement
- Gene Therapy and Gene Editing: Current Status and Potential Impact on the Rare Disease Community
More information and registration here: https://nordsummit.org/