The Innovative Health Initiative (IHI), a European Union public-private partnership funding health research and innovation, has published draft information on upcoming funding opportunities in 2022 in order to give potential applicants additional time to find or build a consortium and prepare a strong proposal.
The first call for proposals will be launched in the first half of 2022. The following draft themes could be included in the future calls:
Single stage calls
- Innovative patient-facing care pathways for patients with neurodegenerative diseases and comorbidities
- Next generation imaging and image-guided diagnosis and therapy for cancer
- Precision oncology: Innovative patient-centric, multi-modal therapies against cancer
- Access and integration of heterogeneous health data for improved health care in diseases areas of high unmet public health need.
Two stage calls
- New tools for prediction, prevention and monitoring of cardio-metabolic diseases including secondary manifestations to enable timely intervention
- Strengthening EU clinical development excellence and innovation attractiveness: Harmonised methodology to promote the uptake of early feasibility studies (EFS)
Please check the IHI website and social media for regular updates related to the upcoming calls.
For more information (including summaries of the draft themes): https://www.ihi.europa.eu/apply-funding/future-opportunities