Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) is organizing a European multi-stakeholder roundtable event titled “Addressing Inequalities in Healthcare – Spotlight on Sickle Cell Disease Patients in Europe”.
The webinar will take place on May 11, 2021 from 14.30 – 16.00 CET.
The session will feature discussions of the health inequalities and challenges that disproportionately impact minority groups across Europe. In particular, the discussion will focus on sickle cell disease patients, the majority of whom are from ethnic minorities and who often face significant health inequalities, resulting in reduced health outcomes.
The webinar will be moderated by Tamsin Rose (Friends of Europe) and will feature the following panelists:
- Dianaba Ba (SOS Globi, France)
- Simone Boselli (Eurordis, Belgium)
- Baba Inusa (Evelina Children’s Hospital, UK)
- John James OBE (Sickle Cell Society, UK)
- Ted W. Love, M.D. (GBT, USA)
- Sebastian Stachowiak (GBT, Switzerland)
More information and registration here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/addressing-inequalities-in-healthcare-spotlight-on-sickle-cell-disease-tickets-149105784415