In this workshop we would like to give a state-of the-art overview on clinical and molecular aspects of rhabdoid tumors. This refers both to clinical aspects of treatment but also to basic biology and underlying genetics. In three different working groups, we will elaborate on key aspects of RT and summarize these data at the end of the workshop.
- To elucidate the current, clinical standard of treatment in rhabdoid tumors
- Discuss current controversies in the rhabdoid tumor regimens:
- When (at what age) and how to use radiotherapy?
- What is the role of High dose chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation in RT
- Identify promising molecular targets in RT and patients that benefit from early clinical trials
- Update on the molecular working techniques to characterize rhabdoid tumors and efforts to identify other (epi)genetic drivers than SMARCB1
Both PhD or Master students from the life sciences and MD students/ residents. Moreover, advanced-stage PIs or physicians with more extensive clinical experience are invited to join.
Working in small groups, each one dedicated to a specific question in rhabdoid tumor research. “Inverted classroom learning” i.e. we will provide publications prior to the workshop and expect participants to have gained an overview on the topics which will be discussed beforehand.
In the second part of the workshop, summaries from each working group will be presented (peer-peer learning), at the end of the congress, we will discern take home messages for each of the major topics.
To register please fill the application form here until 15th, September 2022.
The training workshop is free of charge.
Affiliated to an ERN-Full Member or Affiliated Partner institution.
The organizer together with one member of the WP17 Scientific Evaluation Committee will select the most appropriate workshop participants based on proven clinical and/or scientific interest in rhabdoid tumors (specifically) or pediatric brain tumors in general.
All registered participants will be informed if they are selected to attend this training course before 01 October 2022.
At the end of the training workshop a Certificate of Attendance will be sent to the participants who attended the entire workshop.
No credits of Continuing Education in Medicine will be issued.
Workshops will run in English.
Novotel Charenton, Paris
3-5 Pl. des Marseillais, 94220 Charenton-le-Pont, France
If you have specific questions, please write to the workshop organizer:
Questions related to organization of travelling hotel, dinner should be addressed to:
For general inquiries about the workshops in the ERN RD Support and Training Program please write to:
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:5 November 2022
- Start Time:07:30
- End Date:5 November 2022
- End Time:15:45
- Location:Charenton-le-Pont, France