The awards strive to recognise and put the spotlight on the exceptional accomplishments in the field of rare diseases.
This includes the ever-growing contributions of patient advocacy groups, volunteers, scientists, companies, media, and policy makers towards alleviating the impact of rare diseases on people’s lives.
Awards categories & criteria
The 13 award categories, listed below, recognize the outstanding efforts of individuals, organisations, companies, researchers, scientists, media and policy makers to bring about change and improve the lives of the 30 million people in Europe and 300 million people worldwide who are living with a rare disease:
- Holistic Care Award
- Young Patient Advocate Award
- European Rare Disease Leadership Award
- Policy Maker Award
- Scientific Award
- EURORDIS Volunteer Awards
- EURORDIS Patient Members Organisation Award
- Written Media Award
- Visual and Audio Media Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Company Award for Innovation
- Company Award for Patient Engagement
- Company Award for Health Technology
Make your nomination or enter yourself to be in with a chance of winning one of the 13 EURORDIS Black Pearl Awards 2021! Nominations are open until September 2020 and can be submitted from anywhere in the world!
The winners will be selected by the EURORDIS Board of Directors in October 2020 and presented with their awards at an online ceremony next February to mark the occasion of Rare Disease Day.
Submit your Nomination by clicking here!