The European Commission (EC) is organising, in May and June 2022, a virtual marketplace and a series of online matchmaking events that offer African and European organisations an opportunity to strengthen old and forge new ties with the pharma, biotech, medtech and life-science industries across the two continents.
Several virtual events (webinars, healthcare marketplace, matchmaking meetings) will be held from May 18th to June 28th. You can consult the program here. The upcoming events are:
- June 27th: Webinar: Future for EU-Africa healthcare
- June 27th – June 28th: Matchmaking meetings
The objectives of the series of events are to:
- Build-up and strengthen the existing relationship between EU and Africa on quality, safe, effective and affordable health products production to address global health needs.
- Support the research uptake, innovation and manufacturing of vaccines, therapeutics, diagnostics, equipment or other health technologies necessary to prevent and treat diseases particularly prevalent in Africa or relevant for global threats.
- Enhance the collaboration between EU and African organisations in the value chains of pharma and medical technology industry.
Registration is free but mandatory and is currently open. Registration closes on June 6th.
More information and registration: https://eu-africa-business-marketplace-matchmaking.b2match.io/